Epsom salt is actually named in such a way because of the small English town known as Epsom, that is considered to be a place where this salt was distilled for the first time from the local springs. The chemical formula is MgSO4 and from this formula we can understand that this salt contains such elements as oxigen, magnesium and of course sulpher. These elements are among the most important elements that are needed by our bodies. But how to use Epsom salt properly? There are many ways to utilize it, for example, people usually add it to masks, lotions, drinks, creams, pour this salt into the bath and also use it during the massage.
Benefits of Epsom Salt and Its Main Components
But now let’s take a look at some great benefits of the main components of Epsom salt.
- Improves concentration and sleep, and eases stress
- Regulates activity of 325 different enzymes
- Assists nerves and muscles to function properly
- Makes insulin more efficient
- Reduces inflammation to relieve muscle cramps and pain
- Assists to prevent blood clots and artery hardening
- Improves oxygen usage
- makes it easier for us to deal with nutrients more effectively
- helps a body to get rid of toxins
- protects us from migraine headaches
- Assists in forming brain tissue, joint and mucin proteins
But there are other benefits of Epsom salt:
- It exfoliates skin
- You can use it as a first aid, your hair conditioner and a fertilizer for the houseplants
- It removes a bad smell of the feet
- Soaking in it assists you to relieve from athlete’s foot
- It relieves from constipation
- It keeps your lawn pleasant and cleans bathroom tiles
Miracles that Epsom Salt Bath Can Do
One more additional benefit of Epsom Salt is that our body easily gets it when you take a bath with it. And miraculous ability of Epsom salt to reduce swelling, fade bruises, relax muscles, relieve pain, soften skin and draw out toxins has made it the most important ingredient in many bath salts. To take Epsom salt bath you need to add 1.5 kg of this salt to your bath and make it dissolved. Besides, you should lie down in the tub and cover your head with a cold towel. It is advised to drink a glass of water before taking such a bath. This is commonly done before going to bed and it is very useful in lumbago, sciatica, rheumatism, kidney diseases, neuritis, diabetes, gout and skin diseases.
One of most enjoyable and interesting methods of detox is to have this kind of bath. Epsom salt can be a natural stress reliever, stress drains the body of magnesium, and such a salt bath absorbs this vital component into the body, thus assisting us to relieve stress. Magnesium also assists a human body to to produce such an important hormone as serotonin and as a result a person becomes less nervous and relaxed.
In summary, Epsom salt is non-toxic, cheap and can be bought in any drug store. This salt has amazing properties which are highly needed for the soul, body and mind. And the cost of one box of it is minimal compared to all of these fancy skin care products available on the modern market these days.